Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Enter the toddler

Just when I was getting used to my sweet little baby, enter the little monster toddler. While on our Philippine Holiday (which I will blog soon), I have begun to notice that she was beginning to be her own little person in all the cute ways. She expresses dislike by pushing things away. She gets "excited" when presented with something she does like (ie bananas and mangoes). Now she has taken it a step farther. She is no longer content with merely expressing her opinion. She is demanding her wants. And when she does not get it, she either (a) flails herself about on the floor, (b) tosses things randomly and deliberately on the floor or (c) whines loudly. Oh hell....she does all three.

Last night, she decided that she would like to be carried and patted to sleep at midnight. When she cried out, I checked for any sign of illness, any pain. Nope. She just wanted to carried, played with and rocked. NOW! It was a long night.

I miss her still.

No comments: