Friday, August 24, 2007

g's first daddy portrait

 


I was pretty amazed that she finally got it. I have been trying to get her draw something other than circles and lines for the last few days. Today after doing her usual cutting and pasting, she said she wanted to draw a picture of Daddy who she says she misses. I didn't even have to help her on this one...well, maybe a little verbal coaching. I told her to draw the head, then the eyes, then a nose, then a smile...you get the picture. She did it. She even drew in some glasses.

She loved her portrait so much that later on when I cut out a house and a little portrait of herself, she asked to cut out her Daddy as well. When we pretended that she was leaving her paper house to go to the imaginary park, she said that Daddy had to go with her and push her on the swing. Then Daddy took her home and put her in bed.

Awwww....shucks.

This is the picture of the "artist" and her work. This is also g's first picture with her "snazzy" new haircut. It's growing on me. I think the shape of the cut emphasizes her little chin. Cute.

1 comment:

LIVEALITTLE said...

Boy has daddy's head grown and body slimmed down! It's tadpole Daddy! I love that I can relate everything I've learned in Children Nursing to g's development. She seems to be right on track in drawing development too! http://www.users.totalise.co.uk/~kbroom/Lectures/children.htm