Friday, October 03, 2008

Flash Fever

Very odd thing happened last night and I am putting the word out to figure out why.

g woke up in the middle of the night, crying. She told me she was crying because she wanted me to give her water. (That's not something she usually cries about.) I felt her forehead as I was trying to calm her down. It was hot, really hot. I gave her water and took her temp. She was 103.6. I took another and it was the same.

I gave her a dose of ibuprofen and put her back to bed. I asked if she needed anything else, she just said that she thinks she needs to go to sleep now (something she doesn't usually say.)

Before that, she was complaining about pain in her knees and not being able to walk on it. I thought that this was a reaction to all the attention that s is getting. (s has been sick the last few days). She also told me before she slept that her eyes feel like they're "sleepy." She didn't have a fever when she went to sleep though.

The fever spike took place around 1:00 am. When she woke up today, I fully expected her to be sick and have at least a little remnant of a fever. She didn't. Her temp was fine.

Anyone has any ideas of what this is?

No comments: